Saving One of the Most Beautiful Lakes in the World
The Lake Waramaug Task Force is a non-profit organization of volunteers and scientists that provides leadership in restoring and maintaining the ecology and water quality of Lake Waramaug and its watershed. Located in Litchfield County, Connecticut, Lake Waramaug is bordered by the towns of Washington, Warren, and Kent. It is a Connecticut Heritage Lake.
- Spring 2017 Newsletter
- Winter 2017 Brief
- Waramaug Dam Evaluation Begins: Construction expected in 2017. More...
- Survey Reveals Curly-leaf Comeback: Invasive plant found at 104 locations. More...
- Seaplane Ordinance Passes: All three towns approve. More...
- Zoo-P Farm Up and Running: LWTF's cutting-edge project is now operational. More...
- Work with leading lake scientists to conduct research toward the best possible restoration and management solutions;
- Operate four in-lake restoration systems which restore the natural balance of the lake's ecosystem by improving the habitat for cold water fish and beneficial zooplankton;
- Prevent invasive aquatic species from entering or gaining a foothold in the lake, under a comprehensive inspection, monitoring, education and emergency-response program;
- Work with other lake groups, local officials, land use boards and local, regional and state organizations to promote policies and initiatives to protect and benefit water quality;
- Support land preservation, including the protection of open space, shoreline vegetation and wise land use on the lakefront and in the watershed; and
- Educate land owners, businesses, recreational users and the general public on lake restoration issues and Task Force programs.
Questions concerning Task Force initiatives may be directed to: Sean Hayden, Executive Director
Tel: 860-868-0331 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Lake Waramaug Task Force, Inc. | 19 Sackett Hill Road | Warren, CT 06754
Copyright © 2006-2017 Lake Waramaug Task Force. All rights reserved.
Home | About LWTF | News | Science | Invasives | Watershed | Support LWTF | Like us on Follow us on